STAV G is an independent artist based in Brooklyn, NYC. She is eerie, haunting, and yet comforting. With a personable voice that speaks like a storybook. Go on a journey with this intricate and unique vocalist and writer.
1. What got you into the music business?
My passion for music. I grew up in a musical home with my mom composing and arranging all day long. I was singing since I remember myself and wanted to pursue it professionally at least for a while. I stayed.
2. What’s your favorite part about working in music?
Expressing my self with no limits.
3. Who are your favorite bands and influences?
Queen, Fiona Apple, Regina Spektor, Villagers, and many more: They all have a unique and uncompromising way to express themselves musically. I’m always searching for musicians like that.
4. If you could meet any musician or songwriter, who would it be and why?
I would definitely want to pick Conor J. O’Brien’s brains (Villagers). He has mastered the art of songwriting, arrangement, production, and performance. I learn a lot from his work and he seems like a good person.
5. How has this past year changed the way you approach music?
This past year showed me that the need for a creative outlet is bigger than mine. I’m baffled as to what steps I should be taking with promotion, but the need to make music and collaborate is stronger than ever, and I’m lucky to be surrounded by like-minded artists. I see many musicians working on their art for the sake of creating, and put very little weight on the promotion and business side of it. I find it refreshing and bolder than before.
6. Do you have any upcoming projects or events we can watch out for? Where can we get more info?
I hope to release my new EP soon and have some interviews and collaborations here and there. Updates are always on social media (@stavgmusic), and my full debut Album is available on my website stavgmusic.com and different streaming platforms. 7. Words you live by…Whatever art you’re making, commit to it all the way and find your unique place in it.
8. Where can we follow you on social media? YouTube? Where can we listen to your music?
social media @stavgmusic
Listen to STAV G on our playlist: